News Release for the
May 31 & June 1, 2014 Castroville, CA
SATURDAY 10:00 A.M. - 9:00 P.M.
SUNDAY 11:00 A.M - 7:00 P.M. TICKETS ON SALE at the Door $10 Adults/$5 Active Military, Seniors and Children (4-12) $5.00. Children 3 and under free.
- AGRO ART Competition: AGRO art is 3-dimensional fruit and vegetable artwork. This quirky competition fosters imagination, creativity and fun for both participants and the viewing public.
- PARADE: Our sanctioned parade is one of the largest and most colorful of its kind.
- MUSICAL ENTERTAINMENT: Two days of live music! Everything from Swing to Mariachi, Country to 50's Rock & Roll.
- CHILDREN'S ACTIVITIES: Games, face paints, clowns, stilt walkers, puppets and more!
- FOOD: Artichokes fried, sautéed, grilled, marinated, pickled, fresh, and creamed in soup. Plus foods from the many ethnic groups that give this area its character.
- COOKING DEMOS: The area's finest showcase the versatility and unique techniques for preparing and using artichokes.
- WINE TASTING: Sample the best from the area's award winning producers.
- ARTS & CRAFTS: Unique gifts and apparel crafted by artisans from throughout the country. Plus artichoke souvenirs galore!
- FARMERS MARKET: Artichokes and more, fresh from the heart of the salad bowl.
- FIELD TOURS: Hop a bus to the artichoke patch for grower talks and photo ops.
Please No Pets
The Castroville Artichoke Festival is presented by the
North Monterey County Chamber of Commerce.
Media Requests: Please click here
P.O. Box 1041, Castroville, California 95012
Tel (831) 633-2465 Fax (831) 633-0485
© 2009 Created by Plus Graphic Design • All Rights Reserved